This eLearning module will introduce you to, or refresh your understanding of, abuse in disability services. Abuse is much more common than our society has traditionally admitted. It is often hidden and unreported.
This eLearning module will also alert you to the various forms of abuse in disability services. A clearer understanding of what abuse actually is will certainly reduce the risk of it happening in your workplace.
- physical, emotional abuse and/or neglect;
- financial abuse;
- sexual abuse offences, such as rape or indecent assault;
- an incident that has resulted in a serious outcome, such as a client death or severe trauma;
- forced treatments and interventions; and
- violations of privacy and wilful deprivation.